Trends and Convergence in Newspaper Publishing

24 January 2009

Loss of Competition
The concern is editorial diversity. Cities with only one newspaper have only one newspaper editorial voice. This runs counter to two long-held American beliefs about the relationship between a free press and its readers:
• Truth flows from a multitude of tongues.
• The people are best served by a number of antagonistic voices.

Civic Journalism
Civic journalism (Sometimes referred to as public journalism) a newspaper actively engaging the community in reporting important a civic issues – which was attempted in 1996 by a group of newspaper in North Carolina. These efforts at “interactive journalism” are motivated in part by a drive to strengthen the identity of the paper as an indispensible local medium, thereby attracting readers and boosting revenues.

Changes in Newspaper Readership
A more pessimistic view of the future of newspapers is that as newspapers have reinvented themselves and become more user-friendly, more casual, more lifestyle-oriented, and more in touch with youth, they have become inessential and unimportant, just another commodity in an over crowded marketplace of popular, personality-centered media. The shift in tone of the modern newspaper is a direct result of another force that is alerting the medium-audience relationship – changes in the nature of newspaper readership.


1 comments:

Credit Loan Solution said...



My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Post a Comment